Theme 1: Getting around
by Jan Jacob Trip used
under terms of Creative Commons license.)
At the end of this theme, you should be able to perform following tasks in Spanish:
1. Ask for and understand directions.
2. Express your thanks to someone who has helped you.
3. Ask what time a bus, train, boat or airplane is scheduled to leave or arrive and understand the answers.
4. Buy a one-way or round-trip ticket on a bus, train, boat or airplane.
5. Ask the time of day.
1. Understand the use of there is/are" and "there isn't/aren't."
2. Ask a gas station attendant for routine service and understand statements such as "The car needs oil/water" and "Everything is OK."
3. Describe repairs needed by your car.
4. Ask a gas station attendant how much for everything and understand his answer.
1. State malfunctions of your car and understand the mechanic's recommendations.
2. Make arrangements to have your car repaired.
1. Ask a cabdriver at a taxi stand if he is free.
2. Indicate to a cabdriver your point of destination.
3. Understand when asked if you have any luggage.
4. Tell a taxi driver to go faster when in a hurry.
5. Ask a cabdriver the fare and understand the answer.
6. Tell a taxi driver to keep the change after the fare is paid.