Theme 1: Getting to know you
by Alex Araujo used
under terms of Creative Commons license.)
At the end of this theme, you should be able to perform following tasks in Spanish:
1. Greet people and introduce yourself and others.
2. Respond to formal greetings and introductions.
3. Make some Compliments about the residence of a host.
4. Respond to Compliments.
1. Respond to the question "You are Americans, aren't you?"
familiar form in responding to this compliment and the questions: "Have
you been here long?" "How well you speak Spanish" "Do you
1. Respond to and ask questions concerning one's occupation and place of work.
2. Respond to and ask the question: "Do you have children?"
3. Use expressions such as "Sorry, we have to leave." "Nice talking to you." "Good-bye." "Hope to see you soon."